#BEDM - 14th: 10 random things
Today's prompt is home sweet home which I think deserves a proper post, so I'll move that to later in the month when I've had some time to take some photos! So, instead, joining in with a few people (Gillian, Annie) here are ten random things:
- When I wash up (and I genuinely love washing up) I never put matching cutlery in the same compartments in the cutlery drainer thing, so I'd never put forks with forks. I like sorting things out, so if I put them together straight away, I wouldn't be able to sort them when they are dry. I fully understand why this would infuriate people, though!
- I hate surprises, and this is the main reason why I have always (as far as I am aware) read the ending to a book when I'm only about a third of the way through it. This way, I am likely to have met all the main characters, and so the ending will make some degree of sense. Then I can carry on reading, happy knowing what is going to come next. There will inevitably some twists and turns along the way, so I don't already know everything, but I know the jist of it, and this makes me happy.
- Similarly, if I don't like a book after a chapter or two, I stop reading it and move on to something else. Maybe I'll come back to the book in the future, maybe I won't. But there are far too many books out there I want to read (and more are always being published) that I really think life is too short to read books you're not enjoying. I had to read books for English when I was at school, and unsurprisingly I didn't enjoy them. Now I read what I went, when I want.
- I love the feeling of wearing new socks. If I had all the money in the world (and had done things like found a cure for cancer, vanquished poverty etc and could justify being frivolous) then I would wear new socks every day.
- Especially socks with owls on. I have a lot of pairs of socks with owls on.
- I really feel for apostrophes, they're forever being used in the wrong place, at the wrong time, in the wrong context. I would like to go around with a big marker pen, drawing them in when necessary and crossing them out if they're wrong. When I was in Durham there was a lovely lovely bar I often went to for lunch, with the menu advertising a range of 'tea's and coffee's' (it pained me to type that!). Every time I saw that sign it made me wince.
- We have a set of drinking glasses, two with spots and two with stripes. Sometimes when I want a cold drink I specifically that I want it in the spots/stripes glass and it feels weird if I have it in the other one.
- Today I walked back from school after invigilating some exams and it was sunny enough that for the first time this year I could walk outside in the evenings without a cardigan or jumper.
- I hate hatehatehatehatehate the sound of people scratching fabric. It makes me flinch and want to whimper. People scratching their leg whilst wearing jeans is the worst. If I have an itch when I'm wearing jeans then I move my hand downwards repeatedly in the same direction as that is the only motion which doesn't make a harsh (to me) sound.
- I love lists. Although sometimes lists are harder to write than you may think at the beginning!
I've loved reading other people's lists...feel free to add any links in the comments!