#BEDM - 22nd: The countdown begins...
Very very soon my division will be holding our Stay Away event, an activity day plus sleepover to celebrate the Big Brownie Birthday - we're 100, don't you know! We've got our final planning meeting tonight, and whilst it is all definitely coming together, it's always those little niggly bits that are left to do!
- We need tea and coffee for adults, how much do we need to buy? Enough, obviously, but how much is that? Also, how many toilet rolls are we buying?
- People have been buying items and need reimbursing, do we have a running total (approximately) so we know what's left in the budget? If we're under budget (woo hoo!) what can we use that surplus for?
- Is the car parking sorted? We've got a staggered start time, so girls from different units arrive at a specific time. Is this organised in terms of parents knowing where to go when, what to do if they're early, or can't find an adult they recognise?
- Do the Brownies know the real name of at least one of their leaders? It is no use for a lost Brownie to look for 'Brown Owl'! We do have a system of identifying the girls (highlighting any medical issues etc), has this been checked and double checked?
- Did anyone actually decide what flavour ice creams we were ordering? (Quality control was undertaken at the last meeting.)
- Do we have enough fairy lights?
I love planning events, especially residential events, and organising this one has been fun. But oh my goodness, it's the final push at the end! I just know that before too long my hallway will start filling up with bags and boxes as I begin packing. It's amazing just how much stuff you need for a 24hr event!
Hopefully the Brownies (and leaders!) will love it, and that's why we do it.
I ought to go and make a cake...can't have a planning meeting without cake!