52 Lists: #29

#29 - list your favourite books:

This is a hard list, as I have many favourite books.  I rarely read books twice (there are too many new books to discover) and I rarely keep books (preferring to pass them on to friends or donate to charity, also due to the lack of space in my flat!) but I can still remember the books that particularly stood out.

General fiction

  • A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth
  • The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
  • The Cider House Rules by John Irving
  • Stones From the River by Ursula Heigi
  • Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg.

Non-fiction

  • How to be a Woman by Caitlin Moran. 
  • Unsuitable for ladies: An anthology of women travellers by Jane Robinson

Children's books

Some books I've loved since I was little, and are the few books I do read again.

  • Matilda by Roald Dahl
  • The BFG by Roald Dahl
  • The Malory Towers series by Enid Blyton
  • The Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer.



Joining in with Emma

Comments

  1. Interesting that there's one overlap between my list and yours. I found it so hard to narrow mine down, finally managed to get it to 31 which is still sort of ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, it was hard to come up with just a few. There are also plenty of books I've enjoyed, but did I enjoy them enough to be favourites? I think a post entitled 'books I quite liked' would be easier to write, although much longer!

      Delete
  2. What a nice list - so many of these are on my to read pile as we speak. I must get round to them! That book on women explorers sounds really good, I find that subject really interesting x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really good book - it's fascinating what these women got up to, such as one dressing as a man, learning the local language, and then travelling with a group of men for months without any of them working out she was a woman (or at the very least, respecting her enough not to say anything!).

      There are always so many books on my TBR pile, and for every one I read about eight more titles get added...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts