White and milk chocolate cheesecake

Last weekend, a very good friend of mine came round for dinner. I said I'd make a lasagne (any excuse to use my Le Creuset cookware!) and some sort of cake for pudding. She agreed to the lasagne, but asked politely if we could have 'that amazing cheesecake' I made several years ago when she came to visit me at university.  I knew exactly which cheesecake she meant, and pudding was therefore agreed upon!

It's a white and milk chocolate cheescake, I have no idea where it came from originally as the recipe is scrawled on a piece of paper I keep among newspaper/magazine clippings.  I've changed the quantities slightly to make it closer to my taste (in both the flavour of the cheesecake, and as I like a slightly thicker biscuit base), and the size of the springform tin I have! (Thinking about it, I think I bought the tin in order to try out this recipe!)

Ingredients

200g digestive biscuits, crushed into crumbs
200g unsalted butter
8" springform tin

250g tub mascarpone
250g soft cheese
284ml double cream
200g white chocolate
200g milk chocolate

Melt the butter over a low heat and then pour it over the biscuit crumbs. Mix together and spread into the tin so it is nice and even.  Cover with clingfilm, then leave in the fridge overnight.

Mix together mascarpone, soft cheese and cream. Melt the chocolate (in separate bowls) over a saucepan of simmering water, then leave for a few minutes to cool down.


Divide the mascarpone, soft cheese and double cream mixture equally between two bowls. Add the melted white chocolate to one, and the melted milk chocolate to the other. Stir until all combined.






Take the tin out of the fridge, uncover, and place spoonfuls of both mixtures on to the base. Swirl it together so it is roughly level.  Cover with clingfilm and place back in the fridge for 2-3 hours.


Ta-da! One slice of cheesecake, as requested by my guest, who took a few more slices home with her in a biscuit tin!

This recipe could be varied, for example using just one type of chocolate, or adding chocolates to the top, or using a sauce) but I like it just the way it is.  In fact, I shall go and have a(nother) slice right now!


Comments

Popular Posts