I won a competition!

Late last month I won a competition - I was Clare's 100th follower on Bloglovin'.  I found her blog 'A Book and Tea' through searching for book-based blogs, and what's not to like about a blog featuring books and tea?

My prize consisted of e-books Beneath the Blossom Tree by Laura Bailey and Safe and Sound by TS Krupa.  They're on my Kindle and I'm planning on reading them before too long.  


Clare sent me a £10 Amazon gift card, and I think it was only in my inbox for about quarter of an hour before I'd spent it.  I've been wanting a crochet book for a while, I know there is a plethora of information on the internet, but sometimes I just want to flick through a book instead.  For my birthday last year my mum had given me Leonie Morgan's book 100 Bright and Colourful Granny Squares to Mix and Match which I love, and so this book of 100 Colourful Ripple Stitches to Crochet seemed an obvious choice to add to my shelf.  It's a really cute book, with clear photos and straightforward instructions from what I've read so far.  I don't have a project on the go at the moment, so I'm hoping to find some inspiration in here!


If I don't find any inspiration in the ripple book (doubtful, I know!) then my second purchase might come in handy: a guide to over 200 crochet stitches.  A good little book to pick up and then have a go at some of the stitches.  Think it will keep me occupied for a while!


From Australia, I was sent this book by Michelle Endersby, an Australian artist.  It contains images of her beautiful rose paintings, with sweet quotes alongside.  I particularly like the rose ribbon bookmark.  It also came with a postcard of a rose print so I'll send that off to a friend soon.


Clare also sent me a parcel, full of goodies! A book, some tea (just like her blog name!) some sweets (which didn't last long), a pair of socks (everyone loves new socks!), some stickers, an air freshener, and bangles.  A very exciting parcel indeed!

So thank you Clare for sending these to me - I'm off to put the kettle on, then settle down with a new book!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts