Day Zero Project
Here is my list of 101 things I would like to accomplish in the next 1001 days.
Start: 3rd January 2015
Finish: 30 September 2017
Items in italics are in progress.
Items that have been
crossed out have been completed.
- Read all the books in the BBC Top 100.
- Reduce my collection of unread books down to one (small) bookcase.
- Finish A Song of Ice and Fire series of books.
Crochet a sky blanket. Done! You can see it here. Go to a large-scale yarn-based craft fair.
- Reduce yarn stash - use it or lose it
- Make one new thing from each craft book I own.
Complete any jigsaws we haven't already done.
- Do something with all the postcards I've collected.
- Do something with some photos - don't just leave them on my laptop.
- Acquire something to go on top of the Christmas tree.
Find my collection of Christmas biscuit cutters.
- Wallpaper something.
- Upcycle something. Ideally storage.
- Bake (tasty) bread from scratch.
- Prepare a mango properly, don't just hack at it.
- Learn to quickly finely chop vegetables.
Make a rainbow cake.
- Find my go-to chocolate cake recipe.
- Carve a pumpkin.
- Try oysters.
- Pick strawberries.
- Eat fish and chips on a beach.
- Learn to consistently cook rice properly.
- Use every single item of cooking equipment I own (not necessarily all at the same time!).
- Make macarons.
- Learn to cook five fish dishes (not shellfish).
- Cook a new dish from every recipe book I own.
- Bake something new from every dessert/cake book I own.
- Bake a gluten-free cake which actually tastes good.
- Ice a cake using proper icing.
- Make sushi.
Make a flavoured alcoholic drink. Done!
- Make elderflower cordial.
Branch out from own-brand tonic water. Get a job.
- Develop in said job - more responsibility, promotion etc.
- Get a paper based on my PhD thesis published.
- Have said paper referenced by another paper.
Earn another Girlguiding licence or qualification.
- Attend a large-scale residential event for Brownies.
Attend a large-scale residential event for Guides. Go on my first Rainbow sleepover. Attend a leaders-only Girlguiding event.
- Seriously plan a visit to Our Chalet.
Earn my 100 nights away badge.
- Get camp blanket up to date.
- Visit a maize maze.
Visit a new country.
- Go on a weekend away with Mum.
See a West End show with Mum.
- Explore the south of England. I live here, yet don't really know it.
- Day trip to Brighton with Ben.
- London sightseeing with Ben.
- Afternoon tea at The Orchard Tea Rooms in Grantchester, in the summer.
- Afternoon tea at a posh hotel in London.
- Visit Hadrian's Wall.
- Visit The Eden Project.
- See the Giant's Causeway.
- Visit Bristol and surrounding area.
Visit the Isle of Wight. Visit York.
- Walk a llama or alpaca.
- Visit the Llama Karma Kafe.
- See another Shakespeare play at The Globe.
- Eat at a Michelin-starred restaurant.
- Donate my 25th unit of blood.
- Grow a plant from a seed and actually keep it alive.
- Have a go at clay pigeon shooting.
- Milk a cow.
- Blow some glass.
- Seriously think about buying a house.
- Acquire two kittens (this depends entirely on acquiring own house first!).
- Declutter, and stay decluttered.
- Learn how to play poker.
- Learn how to use a sewing machine.
- Sew something. Anything.
- Regular clean-up of emails, junk mail, Twitter, Bloglovin' etc.
Develop the Post Pals Twitter account - aim for 2,500 followers.
- Build a snowman. Out of real snow.
- Send at least five more parcels to Knit-A-Square (1 posted 16/02/15, 2 posted in November '15)
- Get a cat to sit in a circle.
- Learn to juggle.
- Host a dinner party.
- Take part in a murder mystery game.
- Scuba dive again. Ideally somewhere warm.
- Swim in the sea.
- Ride in a hot air balloon.
- See sunrise and sunset on the same day.
- Meet more of Ben's friends.
- Meet my friends' babies.
- Meet some real owls. Hold one.
- Turn my Guatemalan coffee sack into a coffee table.
Start a new address book.
- Have something made just for me.
- Attend (at least one) belly dance class(es) again.
- Get back into BookCrossing.
- Reach a total of 50 sent postcards on PostCrossing.
- Spend New Year's Eve somewhere new to me.
- Make or buy a cake stand.
- Vote in all elections and have a better understanding of who I'm voting for.