Crocheting a sky blanket - the third quarter

Ah, my sky blanket, I love it!  I first wrote about it in January, my plans to crochet a four-round granny square for each day of the year, representing the colour of the sky at noon.  I wrote an update for the first quarter and the second quarter, and here is my update for the third.

This is what it looked like at the end of July, it's got too big to easily photograph on our bedroom floor, so the washing line it is!


Here it is at the end of August:


You may possibly be able to tell I have become a bit lax with sewing in the ends as I go.  Whoops.

And finally, here it is at the end of September:


I'm quite surprised by how much yellow there is, and how little dark grey.  Clearly the weather in England isn't quite as bad as people make it out to be.  I first came across the idea of a sky blanket on Laura's blog, and she even featured my version in a Show and Tell post!

Now that I can clearly see there is only a corner left to do, I'm a bit sad about this project coming to an end.  But in the meantime, I have ends to sew in and October to catch up with...

Comments

  1. Dinky idea! I am also surprised by how much yellow there is in there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts